RockinRRanch

RockinRRanch

Friday, July 19, 2019

Day 1 (7/19/19)

Crossing the bridge

We're in the U.P.!!






















We got up at 3:30 and were on the road shortly after 4:00.  Eli said, ”my best thing about Copper Harbor... blueberries!” Adam, Eli and I slept some before the bridge.  Jacob stayed awake the whole drive. We crossed the Mackinaw bridge just after 8:00. Got out at the gas station to stretch. I drove for about 1 1/2 hrs so Jared could get some sleep.  Jared went back to driving in Munising. We arrived in L’anse around 11:30. There we stopped at the Hilltop for yummy sweet rolls. Eli still doesn't think the sweet rolls are very yummy so he got an order of fries and some choc milk. It was 84 degrees out so we left the air on in the van for Wyatt. We got a to go box for our sweet roll but left it on the table.  Bummer!  We stopped at Walmart in Houghton to pick up an order. We had ordered a new water container.  The box arrived just as I got there.  I had to point it out to them because I saw my order number on the box. We stopped in Kearsarge to climb on the stone boat. We arrived in Copper Harbor around 3:00. A screw somehow got rolled up in our tent and put a few holes in the floor of the tent. We had to patch those. We got done setting up camp around 6:00. Took a walk over to Pebble beach. Eli and Daddy searched for blueberries but only found 4. Back at camp we took a walk around the campground. The boys rode around on bikes or scooters. Then Eli, Adam and I took a ride around the campground on bikes. We went to bed around 9:00. 

No comments: