RockinRRanch

RockinRRanch

Sunday, February 14, 2021

2/14/21

Happy Valentines Day!

Ruby had twins!  She's a first time mom.





Happy Birthday Jared (and Uncle Rick)!!


Anna and her lamb.  Anna is so protective of her lamb. She stomps alot.



Not sure why but I came out and this is what they were doing.



Its Wyatt!!

Travis proposing to Kenzie!!!


She said yes!!!




Singing to Jared.  He said we sounded like angels.  It was loud!


Emerald (Ruby's twin sister) and her new lamb!

Blanch and her twins.  




I got up at 3:30 to go out and check on the sheep and Jared went out at 5:30.  We were up around 6:00.  For Valentines I got some cute slipper that were filled with mints.  The boys and Daddy got some Valentines candy.  I went out to the barn to check on the sheep and Ruby had just lambed.  I called Jared to come out.  She is a new mom so she followed slowly to the stall while I dragged her lamb.  Eli came in the door just as she was halfway into the stall.  She got spooked and ran away.  Jared came out and helped me catch her.  Eli worked on towel drying the lamb that was in the stall.  As we lead her to the stall we could see another lamb coming.  It dropped out just as we reached the stall.  They are healthy boys weighing 10.4 (white) and 12.2 (black).  She is a very calm mom and is doing great with them.  We went inside to have some coffee and breakfast.  Jared opened his birthday gifts and got a new headlamp and some flannels.  Jared trimmed his pottery and made handles.  We went to town for pizza and stopped at Kohl's to exchange the flannels for a smaller size.  The boys played minecraft.  Jared and I played a game of 3-13 and I won.  I was really hoping Jared would win on his birthday but I wasn't going to let him win.  Haha.  It was a fun game with lots of laughs.  At around 3:30 we headed to my parents house.  My sisters and their families and Kenzie and Travis also came.  We met in the garage so we could social distance.  Travis got down on one knee and proposed to Kenzie!  It was so sweet and she said yes!!!  After awhile Mel and her family left and we went inside.  Mom made yummy pizza rolls for dinner and also made cupcakes.  I brought a heart cake and we all sang to the birthday boy.   We got home around 8:00 and went right to the barn to check on the sheep.  Two sheep were lambing, Emerald (Ruby's twin) and Blanch.  Emerald's big lamb was coming one leg back.  Jared held her while I put snare cords on the lambs leg and head.  I tried to push the lamb back in against the contractions.  It was tight and Emerald was pushing hard.  Blanch was pushing hard at the same time and we watched her while we worked on Emerald.  Blanch's lamb was born and we weren't sure if it was ok.  She was wearing a prolapse harness.  Her lamb died last year.  I held Emerald with one hand while I tried to keep the lambs head from coming back out.   Jared went to check on Blanch's new lamb.  He wiped its face and made sure it was breathing and then came back to help me.   I decided to try and deliver it the lamb with one leg back.  I pulled the leg and head with the snare cords while easing the shoulder out.  The lamb came out and he is doing great.  He weighs 14.6 lbs.  Now Blanch was pushing hard again but with no progress.  We took off the harness and I helped her deliver this lamb.  She had two healthy girls weighing 11.1 and 11.2. The boys came out and pushed a round bale in for the sheep.

1 comment:

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

Glad your sheep all cooperated and had their lambs around our party. It was so much fun celebrating Jared's birthday, Valentine's Day and then Travis proposing to Kenzie. Your table decorated for Valentine's Day is beautiful. I thought when Jared had the headlamp on his head sitting the chair it was so he could read the card lol. Then I read it was a gift. Nice and nice flannels too! That's one way for Jacob to be taller than Adam!!!