RockinRRanch

RockinRRanch

Saturday, February 13, 2021

2/13/21







Anna and her new lamb





The boys were up early to watch tv.  Jared went to town to get our Sat goodies.   Today Jared threw on the wheel and made plates, a pie plate, and some big mugs.  This afternoon we went to Barnes and Noble because the boys had some gift cards they wanted to use.  Eli got some Wings of Fire books.  Jacob and Adam each bought a big sudoku book.  We went grocery shopping and then headed back home.  Before putting away groceries we went to the barn to check on sheep.  I noticed Anna was in the corner and she stomped at me.  She was also sniffing her sides.  We fed sheep but she wouldn't eat.  I didn't know how long she'd been in labor so I decided to check her.  This lamb was coming head first.  Anna is such a nervous sheep.  I helped her deliver this lamb after getting it in the correct position.  It was a very tight delivery and the lamb kept pulling its slippery legs back.  I put snare cords on its legs so I could pull those while helping ease the head out too.  The mom was so nervous she ran right away from her lamb.  I caught her and we lead her to a stall.  Eli helped to move her from behind and Jared carried her lamb.  In the stall we got some milk from the mom and tube fed the lamb.  After the lamb was taken care I checked to make sure no other lambs were coming.  It's a single girl weighing 11.5 lbs.  Eli was a very big help.  We left her alone and she started licking her lamb.  Blanch had a little prolapsed cervix so we put the prolapse harness on her.  Adam and Jacob took care of all the groceries.  The boys played minecraft and then we ate a late dinner.  We watched Heartland until bedtime.  

2 comments:

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

Awe love the pictures of the new lamb. I always love seeing all of your pictures. So glad you are keeping p with your blog.

Lela F Russell said...

Woo...something going on in every corner of the farm. It's a little of this and a little of that or maybe a whole lot of this or a whole lot of that. Block buster time. Hope the kids can help where they can. Love talking to them via text. almost said email...not the right words for sure. I got them good with that picture. Score one for me. Hard to do when I've got 5 grandsons to compete with . They are ahead for sure. Love you bunches. Had a great sleep last night. Not real long but great. I'll take it.