RockinRRanch

RockinRRanch

Friday, January 7, 2022

1/7/22

Blanch and her new lamb



Adam driving on our road








 I asked Jared to go out to the barn because the take heater hasn't been working since we moved the tanks into the barn.  It was 0 degrees and cold this morning.  He came back in an said, "We have a lamb!"  I was not prepared for lambing because the first possible due date was starting tomorrow but the sheep don't usually get bred right away so I wasn't expecting lambs until Feb.  I had to take the iodine inside to thaw it out.  We put Frannie and her boy lamb in the stall and towel dried the lamb.  Jared had to leave to take Adam to school.  Eli came out to hold Frannie while I got some colostrum.  Eli helped me tube feed the lamb.  I got the ewe some warm molasses water and some hay.  This lambs hind legs were weak so I worked with him alot today.  He falls down and his back legs do the splits.  The floor mats in the stall are just too slick for him.  We tube fed him several times today.  Eli just loves the lamb.    This evening we went to my parents house.  Vikki and Peyton and Kenzie came over too.  Mom made pizza for the boys and we had egg salad sandwiches on homemade bread.  We had a nice visit.  Eli was happy that Lucy was there.  He held her almost the whole time. Jacob and Adam played Mario on the Wii.  We watched some home movies and then started watching Anne of Green Gables.  We got home around 9:30.  

No comments: