RockinRRanch

RockinRRanch

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

2/2/22

Emerald and her lambs





Della and her lamb

He's big and has lots of rolls!




Lela and her lamb




School was canceled for the boys today because we were expecting a big snow storm. Jared went out to the barn to check on the sheep and said a sheep had lambed.  Emerald lambed twin boys, weighing 13.2  and 11.5 lbs.  They were strong and already trying to stand. We took care of them and then Jared went inside to get ready for work.  We needed more straw so Jared made a quick trip down the road to get a couple bales of straw.  I cleaned stalls and fed animals.  Soon after Jared left for work I remembered that Jacob might need to go to Delta.  I checked and Delta was still open.  I woke Jacob and Jared came back to get him.  They missed the bus so Jared took him to Delta.   The boys were happy about the snow day.  I stained a scrap piece of wood with the white wash and am going to make a board with hooks for Adam's room.  I sanded and painted baseboards.  At 12:30 I needed to pick Jacob up from school.  The roads were slick.  Adam helped me move his dresser in his room.  We organized his drawers.  He got rid of alot of things he didn't want anymore.  I checked on the sheep often.  When I went to check on the sheep I found Della had just lambed.  Its a huge boy lamb that weighs 19 lbs!  Then around 4:00 Jacob looked out the window and saw a loose lamb.  I went out to helped it find its way back in.  I noticed Lela was lambing.  The head and one leg were out.  Eli came out to help me.  We had a hard time catching her.  We finally got her in the big stall and Eli used the shepherds crook to catch her.  I tried to push the lamb back in but it wasn't going in.  I decided to try and deliver it with one leg back.  I stretched the one leg out and the lamb came out quickly.  The mom was so nervous we gave her some time alone with her lamb.  She did good with him.  Its a big boy lamb that weighs 14.5 lbs.  Jared worked on putting the baseboard in Adam's room.  We took apart the top buck in Eli's room.  Then we worked on cleaning and organizing.  Jared and I rehung the barn door because it was slowly opening on its own.  Eli is so happy with his new room.  

No comments: