RockinRRanch

RockinRRanch

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

7-19-12



Bruce made this really cool Einstein cake!


Happy 4th birthday Jack!!!










After lunch today I tucked Eli in for his nap. Then I went out to the camper to start some packing. Out there I found a stray dog was chasing our chickens and there were alot of feathers all over. It chased one into the coop, back out, and around the front yard. I was yelling at the dog as I chased after it but I couldn't get it to stop chasing the chicken. The dog was dragging a leash which I  was able to grab. I tied the dog to the tree and then went to check on the chickens. I first found a really hurt chicken behind the coop (it soon died). Then I walked through the barn and found a nasty destroyed chicken in Jared's workshop. I found a couple chickens with their heads shoved in the corner of the barn as they were trying to hide. One was really hurt and the other was just missing its tail feathers. I found four chickens that were ok. There were 20 chickens we couldn't find. I woke Eli and we drove down the road to see if we could figure out whose dog it was. The dog had a collar but no tags. I've seen this dog loose before but didn't know who it belonged to. When we came back there were a some more ok chickens by the coop. We were still missing 14. After a couple hours a car parked in our driveway. It was our neighbor and she came to get the dog, who belonged to her son. I told her what had happened and helped her get her dog. She apoligized and offered to pay for the lost chickens. Later tonight we only had 1 chicken missing, 2 dead, and one very hurt. This evening we went to Mel's house to celebrate Jack's 4th birthday. We had a fun time there. On the way home we had to stop at the grocery store for bananas so I can start our banana chip for our camping trip.

No comments: