RockinRRanch

RockinRRanch

Sunday, December 4, 2011

12-2-11



The roads were slick on our drive to school this morning. Forgetting that today was Friday I drove all the way to Adam's school and even walked in the door before I realized that he didn't have school today. The boys played with flour at the table for awhile this morning. Adam was covered with it and thought it was funny when I swept him off with the broom as he spun around. We went outside to play in the snow but Eli cried the whole time out there. Eli got into our dresser and put on some underware over his pants. He sure loves to put on clothes. If there's clothes laying around he'll sit down and work on putting his feet through the holes (shirt or pants) to put them on. After lunch I tucked Eli in for a nap. Adam and I went outside to play. We had a snowball fight and played up in the fort. He laughed as I kicked the snow off the fort at him and wanted to do the same to me. He loves to eat the snow. We shoveled lots of paths. Inside we warmed up with hot chocolate and read books. We also did the "What God wants for Christmas" nativity set. We got a call from the post office saying our chicks were here! After getting Jacob off the bus we headed there to pick them up. The boys were so excited! Jared made it home before us. We got 22 chicks which are staying in our house inside the horses water tank. There's one that is really small and not eating or drinking but the others seem to be doing well. Jacob liked to help us feed the one thats not doing well. The boys (with Daddy's help) each made chick houses using the cardboard from Uncle Rick. They made windows so they can connect their houses and platforms. Eli is so gentle with them and loves to have them sit in his lap. He also loves to give them handfuls of food. The boys used their tiny Dennis bowls to put in their chick houses for food.

2 comments:

LR said...

Love the chicks...In the house? I thought you were not going to do that again. Well, I would think it's a warm place for them. Keep taking pictures...I know you will. Love seeing Flour/Eli on my screen saver.

Uncle Dee said...

You are a real farm again with sheep AND chicks!