RockinRRanch

RockinRRanch

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

3-8-17






Today I spent the day at Vikki's house.  Melissa came over too.  We went to some thrift stores and I found a couple cute lamps.  It was a super windy day and the screen door on the front of our house had been pulled from the frame.  When I got home I noticed that Norman didn't greet me at the door.  I went to find him and he was laying in our bedroom.  He got up and came out to lay by the piano.  He didn't seem to be feeling well (wouldn't take his ball or treats) so I took his temperature.  His temperature was really low and his gums were pale.  I put him on the bean bag chair and covered him with a heated blanket.  We had to work hard to get him to wag his tail but he did.  Jared took Adam and Eli to cub scouts this evening.  Norman got up from the bean bag chair and I thought he might need to go outside.  I helped him outside but he just laid down in the grass so I carried him back inside.  This evening Jared and I slept on the floor with Norman in between us.  Around 3am we were petting our sweet pup as he took his last breath.  We were so so sad!  Jared went out to the barn to get the wagon and Adam came walking out of the bedroom saying, "Hi Norman!"  I walked him back to his bedroom and he asked how Norman was doing.  I told him that Norman wasn't doing good and tucked him back in bed.




No comments: